Wednesday, October 8, 2008

When to hire your entertaiment.

Ok, so it has been a little while since I have posted and I have been very busy this fall. It has been full with weddings, fund raisers and corporate events. Now the holiday season is upcoming and that will certainly prove to be equally busy, I am sure!
This post is going to discuss at what point in time, during the planning of your wedding, should you consider hiring your entertainment. The answer is actually a simple one - it should be right at the beginning. Yes, this is true...you should hire the entertainment for your wedding either first or as soon as you have secured a facility and/or photographer. What I have been asking all of my clients when they call me is "where are you at in your planning?" I have been flat-out surprised at the answer. Almost everyone answers that they have the location, photographer, florist, gowns etc. Now they are looking for a DJ. Let me outline the reasons why this is the wrong approach.
Everyone of us has been to a wedding at one point in time. If you think about the ones you have been to, what do you remember most - the meal?, the location?, the flowers? I doubt any of those responses are correct. Most certainly it is the DJ. When I ask this question to folks, they almost invariably reply with "the DJ was awesome" or "the DJ was horrible". Even if the food was less than average and not what you were expecting, the entertainment will be the one thing that everyone remembers. The two most important investments - yes I am calling them investments - are the photographer and the DJ. The photographer will capture the memories of your wedding and help you remember them and the entertainment will be what you remember most when you see those pictures of you and your guests dancing at your reception.
Don't wait until the very end of your planning to secure the most important piece of your reception, do it early and do it right. You won't regret it!!

No comments: