What are the important questions you should ask any entertainer before hiring them (including me)?
- How long have they been doing this?
- Is their equipment professional (CD players, mixers, speakers etc)? (A home stereo with a couple of iPods just won't cut it)
- Do they have backup equipment in case of failure? Will your event continue seamlessly?
- How much planning will they put into your event?
- Is the person you are speaking with the person who will be at your event?
- Will they meet with you in person to discuss your needs and wants?
- How extensive is their music collection?
- Are they current?
- Do they have music for all of your guests?
- What is their attire going to be at your event?
- Are they part of a network of entertainers in the event they are sick or have an accident? (Will they find a comparable replacement for themselves?)
These are just some of the things you should consider when hiring your entertainer. If they are not able or willing to answer them for you or if they stumble to find answers that they think you are looking for, move on to the next person!!